Award-winning writer of in-app support copy, release notes, e-learning, and user guides seeks a technical writer position. My tech, creative, and QA background helps me to understand complex ideas and write about them in simple, engaging ways.
- Seasoned writer with B2B, technical, and editorial experience
- Accustomed to juggling multiple projects with multiple deadlines
- Expertise in understanding complex products and services and explaining them to general audiences
- Thorough understanding of SEO best practices
Languages and Syntaxes
MS Office, Snagit, Docker, Pantheon, SourceTree, Drupal, Adobe Experience Manager, WordPress; Adobe Creative Suite, Jira, X-Ray, some Selenium IDE; Confluence, Asana, VersionOne, MS Quality Center
RightSource Compliance / Copywriter and QA Tester
JANUARY 2016 – DECEMBER 2018, MINNEAPOLIS, MN
In this small company serving the low-income housing market, I was a hybrid writer/QA tester responsible for technical, educational, and marketing writing.
- Upgraded UX in-app instructional and workflow copy to meet industry and ADA standards
- Transformed existing piecemeal user guides into an interactive online resource focused on the end-user’s experience
- Created and implemented the company’s first formal QA process
- Implemented system-wide rebranding with rewritten brochures, web site, and anthem video
Clockwork / QA Engineer
JUNE 2016 – DECEMBER 2016, MINNEAPOLIS, MN
Front-end and back-end manual QA testing and test plan/case writing in a variety of environments and with a variety of modalities: WordPress, Drupal, Kentico, Pantheon, Craft, command line (git and sms).
US Bank / Senior Technical Writer
APRIL 2016 – JUNE 2016, MINNEAPOLIS, MN
Contract content lead and senior technical writer in U.S. Bank’s User Experience Department: UX copy, landing pages, etc.
Medtronic / Contract QA Specialist
JANUARY 2016 – APRIL 2016, MINNEAPOLIS, MN
Contract QA tester, test case writer, and content editor
Gage Marketing / Web Content Writer
NOVEMBER 2014 – DECEMBER 2016, PLYMOUTH, MN
Writer and content strategist for a nationwide marketing agency. IA, UX, competitive and comparative web analysis, SEO optimization, content audits and recommendations, and white papers in addition to commercial copywriting. Specialized in complex industrial and medical clients.
Freelance Writer and Editor
FEBRUARY 2014 – PRESENT, MINNEAPOLIS, MN
Write and edit creative and technical copy as well as comparative/competitive analyses for a variety of ad agencies, nonprofits, small businesses, and corporations.
Episcopal Church in Minnesota / Director of Communications
SEPTEMBER 2012 – FEBRUARY 2014, MINNEAPOLIS, MN
Created, planned, and implemented statewide print, digital, and strategic communications. Managed multiple websites with WordPress; managed social media.
- Quadrupled activity on the organization’s Facebook page
- Doubled distribution of e-newsletter
MRM Worldwide & Campbell Mithun / Senior Copywriter
SEPTEMBER 2007 – JULY 2012, MINNEAPOLIS, MN
Award-winning digital writer and strategist for a global advertising agency.
- Pushed Purina’s Rally to Rescue’s Facebook page rank to #1 as most interactive for any dog food brand
- Winner of the 2008 Web Marketing Association’s Best Professional Services Integrated Ad Campaign for H&R Block’s Project Truman
University of Minnesota / MFA, Creative Writing, MINNEAPOLIS, MN
Eugene Lang College, New School for Social Research / BA, English, NYC, NY