After initial setup, take a look around at Homeschool Boss Journal. Then, you can dive in to track student work and progress.
Getting to know the Home Screen
The home screen shows you everything at a glance:
- Date you are recording (defaults to the current week)
- List of course areas (Art, Math, Social Studies, etc.)
- A column for each student
- Tabs for recording more detailed information, including
- Weekly summary
- Work Sample
- First, select the area of study you would like to track for the week under the name of the student taking the course.
Tip: We know that homeschoolers often have lessons and courses combining multiple areas of study. You may select multiple students and courses by pressing the SHIFT key when selecting a checkbox. You may select all students and courses by clicking on ‘Select All.’
For example, this screen shows that Bartholemew and Harriet have both worked on a lesson that encompasses Art, Language, Math, and Religion this week:
- Second, select a tab below the checkboxes to enter information about the week, selecting the ‘Add’ button after each entry.
You will see that the information begins to appear as a list on the right side of the screen:
After you have added information and files for all applicable tabs, you can take in your entire week on just one screen — even if you have input multiples of different categories, like this:
Scroll down, and you can see all weeks in reverse chronological order, no matter when you entered them.
- You’re done. You’ve recorded the week’s work!
TIP: whether you add all students at once or individual students and individual areas of study, your screen will show your entire week with all students and areas of study.
- (Optional) If you’d like, you can use the date dropdown to record earlier weeks that got away from you — it happens to the best of us!
That’s it — Homeschool Boss Journal in a nutshell.
A Closer Look
If you’d like step-by-step instructions and further information for each tab, we’ve got them!
See tab step-by-steps
You must be logged in to post a comment.